Murray Hearing Centre
When you're here, you hear™
Welcome To Murray Hearing Centre
Specializing in Hearing Tests and Hearing Aids in Ottawa, Canada
Welcome to Murray Hearing Centre. We are centrally located at 1867 Carling Ave, at the corner of Maitland, but also provide clinics at over a dozen Retirement Residences, throughout Ottawa. As one of the few remaining independent clinics, we guarantee a service model which large chain-style clinics often cannot offer:
- Appointments are always with the same clinician
- Expert, owner-on-site, personal service, with the flexibility to ‘bend the rules’ to suit your unique needs.
- Wheelchair accessible, ground floor facility, with free parking.
We are staffed by Specialists who provide the following:
- Hearing testing, hearing aids, and on-site repairs for almost all models and brands.
- Tinnitus/Misophonia therapy. We have been trained in Tinnitus Retraining Therapy, which has a 94% success rate, to reduce bothersome in-ear noises, and disturbing environmental sounds, such as chewing and clicking, etc.
- Specialized ear canal debridement (cleaning), using curettage and micro-suction, which is rarely offered at other clinics, nor in Family Medicine offices.
- We also enjoy an excellent working relationships with others in related fields, namely, Caryn Bursch, Doctor of Audiology, with a specialty in Auditory Processing Disorders, and Dr. Winsion Chow, Otorhinolaryngologist (ENT).
- Office management with over 15 years of experience in hearing healthcare, to assist with all questions related to private insurance, and governmental and other third party insurers.
We have earned the respect of many of Ottawa’s physicians, and are regularly referred for testing, as well as difficult to manage ear canal impactions. Murray Hearing has also has the trust and confidence of the management and Directors of Care at over a dozen Retirement Residences, where we provide regularly scheduled clinics.
Hearing Aids/ Hearing Testing
Ear Canal Debridement (Cleaning)
The human brain is a vastly complex and remarkable creation of biological engineering. To give an idea of just how vast, one only needs to …
One common post-concussion symptom is an over-sensitivity to sound. Situations, in which noise levels had been previously tolerable, may now be unbearable, painful and even cause more symptoms– often immediately. …